Trace the life and work of Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Located on the first floor of the MRL, the audiovisual itinerary enables visitors to trace the life and works of Jean-Jacques Rousseau in the actual house where he was born on June 28 in 1712.
The itinerary subtly synchronizes sound and image and showcases the journey of this famous citizen of Geneva, writer, philosopher of the Enlightenment and musician. Through extracts of his literary and musical works, the audiovisual itinerary brings Rousseau to life and enables the visitor to discover the multiple facets of the author of The Social Contract, The Confessions and The New Heloise.
- French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Russian
- version for children (from 7 years, only in French)
- 25 minutes
- From Tuesday to Sunday from 11 am to 5:30 pm (last visit at 5 pm).
- Opening times might be subject to changes according to special events.
- Full-fare: 5.- CHF / 4.- EURO
- Reduced-fare (Children, students, pensioners, disability benefit): 3.- CHF / 2.50 EURO
- Groups from 4 persons: 3.- CHF / 2.50 EURO
- Geneva Pass, Swiss Museum Pass: free